By the President

Posted by Mr. Bak at 1:07 AM

Monday, July 21, 2008

Moshi moshi!


This is Mr. Bak speaking, for the final time as NATO President. As you all should be fully aware of, NATO Elections are conducted every semester, simply to provide opportunities for everyone to be able to be involved in any leadership capacity. I’m saying this without a tinge of sadness, as I had initially planned to resign as President earlier, only to rescind that decision as part of the persuasion for SK to remain in Malaysia for another semester. I’m thrilled and genuinely surprise at the level of support I received, and to be your President for a full semester, was a remarkable highlight of my semester despite being unable to fulfil all of my objectives. I’d also like to take this opportunity to dispel any rumours that I’d be leaving NATO altogether after resigning as President. Once a NATOrian, always a NATOrian, to borrow a quote from my alma mater.


I thank those who argued for positions to remain status quo, but nevertheless I strongly feel it’s time for someone else. Aaron has illustrated what a capable and responsible leader he is, and has greatly impressed with his initiative to enhance this blog with personal profiles, diligently written by himself, the wonderful organisation of the Redang trip, and I’m sure his calm, decisive demeanour, would be well liked by all members.


NATO, as a student group founded by none other than ourselves, should be above any individual. Lest we forget what NATO is all about, 9 of 15 NATOrians do not reside in KL. As compared to the majority of you, I guess I’m fortunate to be able to be close to my family while pursuing my studies. But, bearing in mind for the majority of us, the impetus is even greater for us to value and appreciate the friendship we all share. In the absence of our families, we are all that we have here.


As we step up from the threshold from being a teenager to adulthood, it is vital to mould ourselves to be vibrant and dynamic. Hence, NATOrians, do not shirk the responsibility should you be elected. Be proud that we, your friends regard you in such a positive manner, and take this opportunity to shine!


Toodles!

0 comments: